SharePoint 2010 does not support multiple files download at a single point. There we have an option called “download a copy”, but it used to download a single file only. We have one more option called “Open with Explorer”, where we can copy & paste multiple files, but it has its own limitation, the main thing is, browser compatibility, Yeah – this option cannot work with most of the browser, other than IE.
So we need to find any alternative way for this. While searching, I found this blog; it’s very simple and easy to use. The user provided explained this feature with source code. To deploy and test, they provided wsp, so we can easily download and test this custom feature. To know more about this custom feature, please visit above link. To download wsp and install in your machine, please go ahead.
- Download wsp from here
- Open SharePoint 2010 Management Shell (Run as Administrator)
- Add the solution
- Add-SPSolution “\FilePath\”
- Deploy the solution
- Install-SPSolution “Solution Name” –gacdeployment
- Go to your Application site
- Site Actions à Site Settings à Site collection features à DeviantPoint Download Zip Feature and activate this feature
Refer below screenshot for reference
7. Now you can see new option called “Download as Zip” in Document Library ribbon.