Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Error occurred in deployment step 'Add Solution': The solution cannot be deployed

Hi All,

I upgraded a solution and tried to deploy through VS2010 and I was receiving an error stating this feature already installed in farm use -force attribute to reinstall again. I dont know why i was getting these error, while deploying from VS2010. Then I checked with my solution, where some blank spaces added at the end of my application page, i cleared and deployed, now it was deployed. when i move the wsp to my production environment, there i got the same error.

So i planned to recreate the solution(with same name), but when i deploy the new solution i got following error.
"Error occurred in deployment step 'Add Solution': The solution cannot be deployed.  Directory "DocSetValidation_Feature1" associated with feature 'ff2a8cc2-f39a-467f-8c14-ecab0fbae824' in the solution is used by feature '228f09cb-75a2-4120-9807-f89da3be55d2' installed in the farm. All features must have unique directories to avoid overwriting files."

even after retract my old solution, got same error

Resoultion for this issue.
Even after we retract the solution, it was stuck in the config database. so we have to uninstall the feature. I ran stsadm command to uninstall my feature. Refer below snapshot.








Now my new solution deployed without any errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment